Dr. Sondra Avant is a Board Certified endodontist, and she is uniquely qualified to provide endodontic treatments that will help improve your oral health. We invite you to call Avant Endo at 386-304-4620 today to schedule your consultation with our experienced endodontist in Port Orange, Florida, and find out why you should choose a Board Certified endodontist for your care.
The American Board of Endodontics
The American Board of Endodontics was founded in 1964 and is the only certifying board in the dental specialty of endodontics recognized by the American Dental Association® and the American Association of Endodontists. This board exists to certify that endodontists demonstrate exceptional skill, knowledge and expertise in their field and to continually raise the quality of patient care that certified endodontists provide.
Why Choose a Board Certified Endodontist?
By achieving Board Certified status, your endodontist has shown great motivation and exceptional commitment to patient care and continuing professional growth. A Board Certified endodontist has met a number of requirements, including:
- Education — Your endodontist will have completed a post-doctoral study in an ADA-approved program and will have practiced and been identified with their endodontic specialty for at least four years.
- Practice — Your endodontist will have demonstrated high moral, ethical and professional qualifications and will hold and maintain a license to practice endodontics.
- Examinations — Your endodontist will have passed a written exam which included testing on a broad range of fields, including anatomy, biochemistry, pathology, immunology, microbiology, pharmacology, radiology, statistics, clinical endodontics and related disciplines.
- Documentation — Your endodontist will have submitted documentation of a variety of cases they have completed. The cases must be diverse and demonstrate exceptional knowledge, skills and expertise in the full scope of the field of endodontics.
- Oral Examination — Your endodontist will have completed an extensive oral exam during which a team of experts questioned them about a variety of endodontic cases, diagnoses and treatment scenarios.
Throughout all these different steps, a Board Certified endodontist will have demonstrated a high level of skill in solving problems, making decisions, analysis, creativity and evaluations.
By choosing a Board Certified endodontist, you will choose a doctor who has:
- Achieved the highest level of knowledge and skill possible
- Is continually pursuing new knowledge and experience
- Fully understands and applies new research and advances in endodontics
- Works to ensure the highest possible quality of care for you
To find out more about board certification and how choosing a Board Certified endodontist benefits you, give us a call today!